Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received it today in the mail. I looked for a post and did not see one (But I am new to this site, so I might not have looked in the correct place.)

B166 Emissions Recall Action - Exhaust Manifold Split

Vehicles Affected: Range Rover Model Year 2000 and 2001 (YA441200 to 1A457215)

LRNA has determined that the right hand exhaust manifold may have been produced of a material that did not conform to the design specification, causing manifold failure due to cracking .......
I purchased a 2000 SE Rover back in the summers and it was making a noise that was not normal. Check engine light would come on at highway speeds with no code given. Sounds like this was the problem with that Rover that LR could not figure out. I traded it in for a 2001 HSE after a couple of weeks and knock on wood I have not had any problems.

Happy Driving...

·
Registered
490 Posts
I don't think this problem is limited to just 2000 model year P38's. I just got the pleasure of taking my right hand exhaust manifold off my 4.0SE because it cracked and sounded like the engine was falling apart. The header pipe section is stainless, while the downpipe is steel. Where they meet is where the cracks happen. Fortunately a good welding shop fixed the manifold, new gaskets, all told about $100 later plus hour of no-fun labor by me and the truck is smooth and quiet again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.