Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
G4 Mike
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used a motorcycle carrier that fits in the receiver hitch of their D2? Here's a picture of one from Harbor Freight. I just got a 2016 KTM 350 that weighs 236 pounds.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
very disco
2,740 Posts
I would be concerned about the bike and the rear tire. I had a tow hitch cargo basket with 200+ no worries

·
G4 Mike
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was think about that, clearing the tire and ladder but I saw several pictures and videos with Jeep Wranglers with the spare on and the bike cleared. I'm worried about it snapping off. My D2 has the factory air suspension so I figure it will self level.

·
very disco
2,740 Posts
I’d be more concerned with harbor freight quality than weight lol

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
399 Posts
I wouldn’t be worried about the weight - the tongue weight rating is 550 lbs, so you should be well under that. I have one of those Harbor Freight tow hitch carriers (not the bike specific one) and I’ve overloaded it with all sorts of stuff and it took it like a champ. For your setup, I’d only be worried about clearing the tire with the bike on the rack and the fact that your rear door becomes useless with the bike on there, since the bike is in the way

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
. I use a versahaul with my volcon grunt only issue is the truck squats (bike is roughly 330 and hauler is another 50-60) but my truck is use to pulling trailers
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Automotive carrying rack

·
very disco
2,740 Posts
Is that a body lift??

·
Premium Member
2001 Discovery Series II SE7, w/SAI and without SAI
398 Posts
I use the harbor freight on mine to haul my 250. No issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts