Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here are some photo's from a trip I did to Far North Queensland over Christmas.

Cape Tribulation, James Cook had a few problems here.

One of the many creek crossings, We were lucky enough to drive these roads before the rain season had set in as these tracks are closed because the creeks become rivers.

Just before the end of the main "road" there is a pub called The Lions Den, it is the oldest pub in FNQ and it's a really piece of Queensland culture. Anyone who has the chance to do the trip from the Daintree Rain Forest to Cooktown this is worth a stop for the night.

Black Mountain, wierd mountain that looks like someone built it out of black boulders. They say at the end of a hot summers day if it rains you can see and hear as the boulders crack if not explode from the temprature change.

The camp site at Cooktown, time to turn around and drive all the way back. Guess I 'll have to visit the Den on the way home.:beer:
Adam

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Badger1 said:
First off let me say that I love your truck and I wish we could get those here in the states! Second, incredible pics, the scenery is amazing. If you have any more pics, please post them.

X2......those are some great pics.... I really would love to have your rig.....That is awsome..I hope you had fun...Post more pics if possible!!:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a few more

Panorama of Cape Tribulation, I have to say this may look amazing and in about 35 degrees c you might think it would be a great place to swim but box jelly fish, and salt water crocks are in the water so it's a no no. Only good for looking and that really sucked, as I was taking these photo's there were some great looking German back packers behind me. After a short while trying to comunicate I gave up and thaught it would be safer to swim, than try and make a move...It then became time to leave.

This was new years day and it was a great way to clear the head looking at this in the morning made me feal a live.

This was also new years day the guy in the blue shirt was recovering he spent most of the day behind a tree leaving the contents of his gut behind. New years day is his birthday and for 14 to 15 years we have been trying to break him it finaly happened this year on his 30th as well.

Arse of the truck crossing a creek.

Couple of water falls. Just nice to look at also one of the safest places to swim up north.

These are one of the types of busses that carry people around. I must say I would love to turn one into a camper but.......money.

· Forward!
2,319 Posts
Thanks for posting some more pics. Once again the scenery looks absolutely amazing! That is the one thing about Australia though, it does seem that there are alot of bugs and animals that will kill you out in the wild. I guess that is why a roof top tent would be needed in order to go camping!:D

:drink1:

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah you do have to think about where you decide to pass out. Sleeping to close to some beaches or creeks/rivers and you might find that a salty has decided you are it's next meal.

· Forward!
2,319 Posts
130CC said:
Yeah you do have to think about where you decide to pass out. Sleeping to close to some beaches or creeks/rivers and you might find that a salty has decided you are it's next meal.

You know what, it's not the crocs that worry me. It's all the deadly creepy crawly bugs that will kill you!:eek: :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.