Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the tires on my 98 Series 1. The truck is on its 2nd set and is ready for the third at 62,000 miles. My wife drives it mostly around town. About half the miles are done on highways. Every once in a while I will drive down a gravel or dirt road for a couple of miles. We live just north of Dallas so the tires are subject to a lot of heat during the summer and very little snow or ice in the winter.

I want a set of tires that will provide good handling, traction and extended wear under the above conditions. Any suggestions?

· Banned
907 Posts
I put a set of Michelin LTX MS tires on my wifes disco. They ride well and do better than expected in the snow. It's a nice on-road tire.

Take a look at the tire rack web site. I think they have a "rating" on most all tires....

· Registered
72 Posts
disco tyres

In Western Australia the Disco comes supplied with Michellins they are great on the road and give about 50,000 to 60,000 miles and give very little road noise. The down side is they do chop out on hard dirt or rocky roads.The Bridgestone Duellers with road tread biass are a good compromise they are not as quite on the road but don't chop out on the dirt and still give reasonable milage. Western Australia has a warm to hot climate we never see snow, therefore I can't comment on how the tyres perform in cool to cold climates. Hope the info is usefull.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.