Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what the redline is in the classic, and is there a rev limiter? Noticed when I hit 5500-6k in first tonight that there is no red line on the tach, so is it above teh tach's range, or do they just figure you won't take it above 5k? :D

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure where I shifted, it was after i hit 5, i think it was around the 5500 marker. What is factory redline though? If it's not above designed tolerances of the engine.. it is not going to harm it, and generally, is good to wind an engine out once in a while to clean it out. Don't want to be building ridges on those cylinder walls. :)

And that's not normal driving for me, so I don't burn too much gas, I only get 15mpg as it is anyway. :cool:

BTW: The transmission shifts on it's own at WOT around 5k if I recall so I do not believe 5.5 is anywhere near dangerous..

·
Registered
139 Posts
when the engine goes "boom"

geeze.. this is not a toyota engine..

the rev limit after 5k is mayboomanytime.

i put in a rev limiter so it cannot go above 5k. (jacobs ignition). not for the "performance increases".. but for the 3mpg it gave me on long uniterrupted trips.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tend to think they would have put an indicator, or a limiter, at 5k if the tach goes to 6k...

If the engine is in good shape that is...

Hell, the auto shifts above 5k sometimes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.