Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My understanding is that there is a way to reduce the turning radius on a RRC... Of the 3 RRC's that I had had, including one with 265's on it, my current one has the worst turning radius by far.. I was told there is a way to reduce the turning radius via some adjustments... anyone? :dunno:

·
Registered
29 Posts
there are some 'bump stops'/nuts, on the swivel housings that adjust in/out. Maybe someone had larger tyres that 265's on an adjusted these out ?? I run a Grizzly Claw and the offsets on my rims just wont cope and they rub on the C bars.....

·
Registered
40 Posts
The swivel hubs each have an adjustable lock nut, which limits the amount to which the hubs can turn.

These should be adjusted, starting with the preset described in the manual. Then they should be fine-tuned so as to limit full lock at a point when the PAS pump and box remain silent. If a greater degree of full lock is allowed, so that the PAS pump and box are working, damage to the PAS system will occur.

In other words, set the steering as per the manual and don't try to be clever - it'll cost bucks if you do!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.