Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My newly purchased '96 Disco is perfect except for one problem. The central locking will only remotely open the locks and disarm the alarm (from the button on the key) about 50 % of the time. I have to move the key around in the air in several positions before it will work. Does anyone have any helpful advice. Thanks.
:drink1:

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Not to be a smart ass, but have you changed the batteries in the remote? That would be the first thing I would do, especially since you just bought it and you have no idea how old those batteries are.

Serg:drive:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I take its we're talking about a 2 button type?

If so (and yes this IS an expensive way of doing it :eek: ) try getting it re-tuned to the ECU.......

The range on mine has improved no end since I had it done.....

Do these things work using the sensors on the headlining - if so check they are'nt bunged up with fluff and dust etc....

Bri
:beer:

·
Registered
3 Posts
remote central locking

I know you said that you changed the battaries in your control unit, but did you clean the contacts inside as well, my 200tdi contol (single button type) sometimes gives the indication that the batteries are low by not flashing the indicators even though they are new ones, however, a quick clean of the circuit board battery slot and shes right as rain. worth a try.... :thinkerg: zippy

·
Registered
321 Posts
had the same problem and went on ebay and picked up a new one for about $10.. then took it to the dealship to get it programmed and works like a charm :)
take care
sam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts