Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2-button remote control key fob has quit working. Tried new battery in remote, still does not work. The key opens the driver's side door, leaving all others locked. Inside the vehicle, tried operating the driver's side manual door latch to see if other latches would open/close. They did not work.
Who has had this problem and what is the fix? All ideas are appreciated.
Bill

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just had that problem and it turned out to be security ECU and fob failures. It started with the driver door scenario similar to yours, then the alarm system kept the starter disengaged so I couldn't even drive the beast. I bought a replacement ECU from TideWater Rover and the dealer replaced, reprogrammed with the new fob. All works fine now. Cost a bundle to get it all looked at. Yours may be a fob failure. If it's the two button type, it's dealership only fix.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oberdahill said:
I just had that problem and it turned out to be security ECU and fob failures .... snip .....
Hi Joe,
The "security ECU" you mention .... is that the same gizmo as the ACTUATOR in the driver's side door? Here is a link with a picture ... is this what you had to replace?

http://tinyurl.com/dhz3m

Thanks,
Bill
'97 Disco
Gig Harbor, Washington, USA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.