Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my '98 LSE a month ago, it came with no remote. I have since purchased one, but it is not programed. I've had conflicting reports on how to program it to my truck. Since the closest LD dealer is 85 miles away, I prefer not to drive over there just for this... At the same time , I don't want to have the truck diasabled in my garage !! I just read in the shop manual that if both handsets are lost. you have to replace the ECU and handsets to get a working system... Is that correct ?? If not, can anyone with a code reader reset the system ??? Thanks for any info...

Paul Zwerner

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sorry, Paul, but you're going to have to go to the dealer for programming... there's no other way around it.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Paul,
You won't have to buy a new ECU, some one was feeding you some S---.
Just atke both remotes in and they will program them for you for a rather painful sum$$$$$
Mike J.

·
Registered
523 Posts
plastic:
The remote for Disco ll's is the very same key,so if you don't have a remote,what in the world did the dealer handed to you when you picked up the truck? :confused
Carlos

By the way, welcome to the forums!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.