Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Not hard to remove. As for safe. There may be some set ups you can use to hold onto some of the reduced body rolls.

Bad part is you can drive safe and do just fine... you can not predict the driving habits of those around you. Avoiding someone elses mistake (without losing control) may be your biggest problem.

I have not done it. Maybe some of there other fellas might have some good ideas of set ups that keep it safer than not.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I removed my sways on my RRC. It does handle a little squirrely on the highway. I think Im going to reinstall them and make my own disconnects.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I never had swaybars on my 88 RR (never came with them) and removed them on my 95 DI. The Disco does sway more than the Rangie but I've gotten used to it (plus I don't drive very fast anyway.. ). You could make your own disconnects or buy them.

I bought the JKS disconnects but haven't installed them yet.

BTW, now that I have the BFG ATs on my truck I notice a lot less body roll than when I had the ProComp tires. I guess a thicker sidewall helps a bit.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
No sway bars here. But like as stated, you cannot predict how others drive. I practice keeping a safe driving distance from all vehicles as much as possible. It does take a little getting used to at higher speeds and cornering. Will I ever put them back on? Hell no.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Ive got swaybar disconnects on the front...I am planning on taking off my rear but I am still going back and forth on the idea. It will give me better articulation but is it worth the loss of safety?? I will probably end up taking the rear off so I can articulate better with my new shocks...

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Removeing them is easy..... Personally my RRC has never had them...... I have not had any problems at all..... I don't take curves fast though..... I pull a camper, trailers etc...... I drive highway often also....... I do love the non-sway bar rover off road....Just plain awsome!!!

·
Magicly Delicious
1,030 Posts
it depends on how you drive your Rover. if its all about off roading, go for it. if its a daily driver and you use it to go camping or whatever, maybe you'd be better off with them on.

personally, i took mine off the day before a big group trip. i was very satisfied with the result and never looked back.

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
I also had a RRC without the swaybars, so when I picked up my 97 D1 that was one of the first things I did.....ditch the sways! Transformed the truck for the positive offroad. The tires just follow the terrain much easier without the bars. But it depends how much offroading you plan on doing and what kind of driver you are on the street. If your a laid back, give people plenty of space in front, don't try to corner like your Ayrton Senna in a McLaren, and just plain realise your driving a truck not a sports car. You will be just fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.