Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time for a headliner change does anyone have any instructions to take one of these out ? Is it preety straight forward I have 2 sunroofs does that make a difference and after that what's next and what's best for materials ? Any help would be appreciated Ceiling Shade Tints and shades Interior design Window
Green Window Tree Automotive exterior Auto part
Luxury vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part

Attachments

· Registered
2 Posts
headliner removal

Ive done this on a D1
Pretty straight forward
Lots of screws to remove
Handles come off and rear trim

Just keep track of all screws and remove out the back
Remove fabric, take an abrasive rag or towel and rub off old yellow glue
I spray painted mine with plasti dip
Gave it a decent permanent and bendable look

· Registered
145 Posts
The process is well described in the RAVE manual. It is straightforward but tedious. Get yourself some help when you take the liner down because it's easy to bend and put a crease in. Be careful when you remove the various storage pockets as the plastic pins are fragile.

Good luck.

· Registered
73 Posts
Here ya go, this is from another rover forum http://m.landroverforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26219 but its very detailed, straightforward, and has helped a ton of people including myself. Also I suggest painting your headliner as opposed to refabricing, mainly because painting is a permanent fix as to where fabric can just start to sag again over the years. Here was mine before I sold it. I used bedliner Vehicle Automotive exterior Trunk Car Hood
Vehicle Car Minivan Head restraint
Car Vehicle Head restraint Minivan Family car

No matter what you end up doing to it these little clips on the back of the headliner holding the nets up will break. Heres how I fixed mine. I just used the washer screw thing that holds the plastic pegs tight to the headliner and flipped them over and used a small screw into the peg that snapped off. Floor Metal

Hope this helps
Cheers

· HeadlinerExpress
253 Posts
Call me ill walk you through the process step by step. 407 786-4090

You will be my eyes and ill be your knowledge.

Make sure you take pictures of everything before removing it.

Example : before you remove the sun visor take a picture of it, After you remove the Sun visor take another picture of it.

Your making your own digital library. This is a helpful way to remember how everything looked like before you took it apart. If you still cant remember please send me the photos and ill tell you how to resolve the issue your dealing with, For Free...

407 786-4090 Bill

· 2004 Discovery SE
73 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.