Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I need to replace engine belt on my 2001DiscoII, non-ace, automatic.

Need to know what size wrench to use for removing Fan. I read on another LR bulletin to use 36mm and 57mm wrench if you don't have LR
Tools 12-093 and 12-094.

If you have removed engine belt on similiar models please advise.

Hugo

· Banned
527 Posts
You dont need to remove the fan. Its kinda hard to explain, but you can do it one of two ways.

a) You can pinch the belt on one end and slip it in between the water pump and crank pulley's towards the left side of the engne, then run that extension that you just pushed through, over to the alt, tensioner and jockey. Wrap those pulley's, then it will then be common sense for Ace (if equipped)/PS/Idler on the right side of the engine.

b) It's too complex to explain, but you go over the fan with the belt, up between the fan blade and WP pulley, around the bottom of the the water pump, then reverse the belt and go back over the fan again onto the crank and the belt will line up with all pulley's on each side of the engine. It's kinda hard to explain, you really need someoned to show you that one, but thats the quickest way for me. Once you do it once, you can change a belt in 5 minutes next time.

· Banned
527 Posts
Not a problem. Anytime I can help. Good grief, taking that fan off would be :freak:.............sucky.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep! Just a remider that the Engine Belt can be replaced without removing the Viscous Fan. It helps to have 2 people but I did it myself the 1st time. It took about an hour to study belt, remove it and the re-install new one.

Folks it can be done from home. I purchased $35 non-ace belt at NAPA saved a trip to the Stealer.

Hugo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.