Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
10,236 Posts
that was a nice disco..OUCH!!!!! I like how they compared a new minivan to an old 4x4.....Gee I wonder who they were trying to promote....... I bet an LR3 would do better....but that's just me.......... A test that in not equal is worthless to me!

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
I have seen that poor video. :shifty:

They were using a D1 with the SRS Airbags not working!! They didn't deploy cause probably the unit was not renewed every 10 years like it should have, but I cannot prove that the D1 here was at least 10 years old.

Plus, I sorta diss on these tests, cause they are "can only do it once" sorta things (Mythbusters style) and don't have controls or variable tests.

But it does show that newer designs can save lives. That poor D1 took one for the team. :eek:

·
Majesticdisco1
1,248 Posts
Funrover said:
that was a nice disco..OUCH!!!!! I like how they compared a new minivan to an old 4x4.....Gee I wonder who they were trying to promote....... I bet an LR3 would do better....but that's just me.......... A test that in not equal is worthless to me!
I agree that was a test. Real world I've seen Discos take hits and come back very held up. Now if that Disco had a RTE bumper man o man the Van would toast. That video doesn't prove **** to me. I still feel safe in my truck and feel that is a strong bulit truck.

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
AZ I seen that vid a while back and got a laugh out of it. I still laugh at it. Just another DII taking one for the team and out of those small european cars. :lol:

·
10,236 Posts
wolf said:
are you sure you guys aren't just having a case of sour grapes?:shifty:
i mean these are my kids we're talking about protecting:confused
I just want it to be fair.......if it beat out an LR3 I would be okay!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts