Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won't bore you with the details of fighting squirrels where I live for keeping them from chewing wires and hoses on my truck. We've got several other vehicles in the driveway and they seem to leave them alone. (knock knock on wood). Argh!?!?!?

Anyway, due to a chew on the return tranny fluid cooling line, I had a catastropic blow out about 2 miles from the house. I towed it back and have determined the rubber hose needs to be replaced. My local NAPA cannot rebuild my hydraulic hose. They do have the high pressure (350 psi) hose and some lined HD SS clamps. I cut the old hose off and did not damage any part of the rigid lines. If I slip the 1/2" high pressure hose over the "bump" and clamp it down, what's the concensus.... will it hold since it's not barbed but it does have the "bump"? The whole clamp fits behind the bump and the shoulder. If you are familiar with these rigid lines, you know what I am talking about.

Just looking for feedback. Thanks! :)

I know PT has a kit using flared fittings but none are available right now so I am looking for input on this approach.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.