Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all — my RRC had the passenger door and rear window replaced when I got it. The dufis who did it didn't bother swapping the key cylinders, so now only my driver's door cylinder matches my keys. Is it possible to get a new set of 3 lock cylinders to replace them with? Where would I begin looking?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Almost all cylinders car be re-keyed. I would look into re-keying the ones you have so they all work with your existing key. I've done this to several previous vehicles I've had including my 928 which had, had the rear hatch lock replaced, and which I replaced the drivers door cylinder. I haven't looked at re-keying the Rover locks as all mine match, but would be surprised if it can't be done. Plus you are in for a set of 4 if you want the ignition to march too.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Almost all cylinders car be re-keyed. I would look into re-keying the ones you have so they all work with your existing key. I've done this to several previous vehicles I've had including my 928 which had, had the rear hatch lock replaced, and which I replaced the drivers door cylinder. I haven't looked at re-keying the Rover locks as all mine match, but would be surprised if it can't be done. Plus you are in for a set of 4 if you want the ignition to march too.
Haha of course. It's funny as I was typing I was thinking "I'm sure there's more than 3 cylinders..." But didn't dawn on me. Didn't know cylinders could be re keyed. Will look into it. Thank you

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts