Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
When I bought my 1991 D1 a few years ago the owner had lost the key fob for remote locking/unlocking the doors. Anyone know how to go about replacing this part? I've found a nearby electrician service (recommended by Land Rover consession store) that says they can program the key fob to work if I find it, but Land Rover says they dont have it available anymore and all I can find on ebay are the plastic covers without the electronic components (link ; link). Not sure where to turn at this point, would a breaker post even include the key fob?
Many thanks in advance for any ideas!
Benoit

·
Registered
121 Posts
Keep trying eBay in other countries.
So your D1 is a 1991 with a two button fob? I thought the two button fob is from a 1996 thru 1998 for the D1.

If your D1 requires a 1 button fob than you can program it yourself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response Toran. I'm not sure how many buttons on the fob, just interested in not having to use the key everytime i want to lock/unlock! I will setup some ebay alerts

·
very disco
1,633 Posts
While OEM is certainly preferable all around, you could easily fit an aftermarket keyless entry system, cheaply too

·
Registered
10 Posts
I believe you're going to be looking for a single button FOB. (unless your truck has a 10as fitted which would be very unusual.)
There are a few 1 button fobs on ebay, and I have one as well.

Not sure if LR did a different frequency on your truck as in the states I believe its 315mhz and some other countries got 434mhz.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks everyone for your feedback. Ive been able to acquire a single button FOB via ebay but am struggling to connect it to my truck, specifically to find the "bonnet switch" that needs to be pressed down to start the programming sequence. Can anyone take a picture of their bonnet switch to give me an idea of what it looks like? Ive spent hours searching for this thing.. Many thanks again B-)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Should be on either side of the bonnet, I believe it is on the left side (looking at the truck head on) on your year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts