Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
very disco
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you rangies,

I have one key for my 2006 RRS, and it’s a pile of crap. It’s been broken open, and modified to accept a new cr2032 battery. Needless to say it doesn’t work except as a physical key. Where is everybody buying their blank fobs from?

cheers

·
very disco
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
54 Posts
Same place (KEYECU) I got my spare, programmed with GAP IIDTool BT but you need one working key to do the job, there is a YouTube video showing the process...

·
very disco
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m glad to hear somebody else is using these cheapos lol.
I use nanocom EVO not GAP tool, and don’t need instructions but thanks!

·
very disco
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
interesting timing. i had to replace one of the two keys i bought because the blade was difficult to eject from the body.

my wife is taking the two blanks to a semi-local shop to have cut for $35/each, she left about 15min ago. very difficult to find a shop able to do this nearby. they mostly offer mobile service only, and their visits start at $150.

going to be working late tonight, and then it's halloween, so i probably won't have the opportunity to (try to) program them to the car until tomorrow.

will update

·
very disco
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the lock shop made quick work of cutting the keys, and the nanocom made quick work of programming them. quite pleased with the result:

two OEM (looking hehe) keys cut and programmed at $60/piece including amazon and cutting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts