Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked with my dealer in Annapolis about getting a replacement key fob. They said that they had back orders from Jan with no known delivery dates. Has anyone else experienced this, or know how to get a new one that can be programmed?

thanks
Dan

·
Registered
6 Posts
I checked with my dealer in Annapolis about getting a replacement key fob. They said that they had back orders from Jan with no known delivery dates. Has anyone else experienced this, or know how to get a new one that can be programmed?

thanks
Dan
For my LR4, my dealer quoted me $750. LOL.

Instead I bought a few $50 fobs online on Amazon and programmed them with my IIDTool.

That particular URL leads to an LR2/LR4/RR key but I did another search for USA Remote LR3 and got this:

Not sure about the LR3 key - for the LR4, I had to order a separate physical key to fit inside the fob that was keyed to the VIN. That was about $125 through an indy dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
very disco
1,633 Posts
For my LR3 (and my RRS) I purchased Chinese keys from KeyCU on amazon for $22 each. First shop I found to cut the sidewinder blades charged me $35 per key. Second shop I found charged me $20 for two!!!

did require the use of my nanocomEVO to program them, which is a sunk cost of around $600, but at this point in my life that $600 has paid for itself tenfold. It saved me $1700 when I needed a new IPC.

any self respecting LR enthusiast should have a GAP tool or nanocom.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guess I’ll look into a gap tool or nanocom. I live on a boat so tough for me to do much work on the LR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts