Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
looking for a "so so" replacement set of shocks for my 97 rover, they are just dead and shot =c)

i really dont do any extremem offroading, so nothing rediculous is needed, but i'd like a few steps up from OEM (which are prob still cheaper than OEM price)

so if anyone can connect me w/ a good product/place to purchase them....

also...i'm still fairly new with my rover, i'm a basic mechanic that works on my 300zx's all the time, and there isnt anything i cant do on those cars, but what kind of job are the shocks? i was told the shocks/springs are not one whole thing? (my 300zx has the spring compressed on the shock) so i assume its a fairly simple procedure? whats labor hour looking at for myself?

thanks guys...

·
Registered
321 Posts
seems the general consenses out there is either OME (old man emu) or blistein. since they're not coil over's all you need is a good set of jack stands and a jack.
jack up the car put the stand on the frame. take the shocks out then losen the spring and with your jack under the diff... lower it down.. simple as that :)
take care
sam

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Don't waste your money buying a cheap set of shocks, just to have them fail quickly. Buy some OME's and enjoy a whole different ride.
Mike J.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey, Toddicus, there are some lesser expensive alternatives to the factory woodheads that will give you a great ride and probably outlast some of the more common choices. I've used Gabrial VST's w/great results on Discoverys both on & off road. I've had the Bilstiens, and if you're mostly on road thay would probably work great. No shock lasts forever, and at $35.00 ea. the Gabrials are well worth the money. My .02. Thank You, LRW.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sweet, thanks for the info guys, any other "tidbit" things i should look to replace while they are off?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.