Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to the LR world and am hopelessly lost at trying to figure out what I need to do to get a replacement key for my pre-owned 2009 LR2, which only came with one. I bought the vehicle from a dealership in Camrose, AB that told me I could only get a replacement from an LR dealership. When I call the Edmonton dealership I was quoted $371.47 for them to order me a replacement key, and then an additional $150 to program it. I asked if it needed to be a key specifically ordered from the dealership and was told yes, and then when I was clarifying the information (just repeating it back to him as I wrote it down) he then said that I could possibly order one on line, but buyer beware. I don't know what to do... Has anyone gone through this process? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are you talking about the emergency key? The one that physically unlocks the door? Or are you talking about the key fob? That is the buttons you press to unlock the door. I have ordered a few parts from this dealer seeing how their prices are way cheaper than my local dealer. As far as the offbrand... I have no idea. Let's figure out what exactly you are trying to get.

https://www.partswebsite.com/landro...93&year=2008&p=0&searchkey=yes&i=2&type=parts

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.