Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '02 Disco SE...

smashed the right front fog on the bumper...

i ordered a "new" one from roverland...

how do i remove the old and install new?

what are these breather hoses and all?

HELP!

I'd rather not pay the stealership the $90/hr on Feb. 10th...

any advice/pics./ info would be greatly appreciated..thanks guys

:confused

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Oh its super easy...will take you like 10 mins...perhaps more if you are doing stuff for the first time.

On the side of lamp you have to remove go to that wheel well. You must remove the cover inside the wheel well, the cover will be facing the bumper and can be removed with philips screwdriver and a star-shaped head screwdriver (different depending on which side of vehicle). Turn your wheel so you have better access to the panel.

Once you remove that you will have easy access to the fog lamp. To remove the lamp you must unscrew more screws that hold it into place.....once the lamp is out replace it with the old one by removing the wiring harness that is attached to the back of the lamp and also removing the tube (which I believe is for cooling, and a breather line). Screw the new one in, replace tube and wiring harness then replace panel and you are all set.

I did the same thing....bashed out one of those lights...so now your in the club!

I knew I would bash them out again so instead of replacing them I put a thick plastic sheet over them and epoxied it into place......I later bashed this in and destoryed one of the lights...

.....so I decided to cut my bumper...which looks much better and performs much better off road.

·
Registered
490 Posts
The breather lines are another thoughtful innovation by Land Rover used on DII / P38 models that I know of. The glass-enclosed light housing is sealed to prevent water / mud ingress, and becomes very hot. If a Land Rover suddenly drove into deep water, without the breather line the driving lamp would shatter immediately from heat not being able to escape.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.