Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Mr. t
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my throttle body was bypassed a long time ago. i need to replace the coolant hose from the lower intake manifold to the expansion tank. is it easiest just to pull the ac compressor out of the way a bit? the only other way to get at it looks like removing the upper intake... i really don't want to do that if i can help it.

looks like: remove belt, then remove 4 screws from the top of compressor and the lines attached are bendable enough to work it to the side momentarily.

also, anyone know where to get these style clamps? how do you size them..just measure the outer diameter of the hose you're using it on??

Auto part

i found a few at lowes, but not really the right size.

· 2005 Range Rover
7 Posts
A small band clamp will work a bit better ,especially under system pressure. Any reputable auto parts store should have them. Also you're correct about moving the a.c. Compressor aside ,that should give you plenty of room.and please don't use fuel hose ,coolant makes it turn hard over a short time! Good luck my friend!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Mr. t
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A small band clamp will work a bit better ,especially under system pressure. Any reputable auto parts store should have them. Also you're correct about moving the a.c. Compressor aside ,that should give you plenty of room.and please don't use fuel hose ,coolant makes it turn hard over a short time! Good luck my friend!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thank you sir for the reply. I actually had the "worm gear" style band clamps on that portion of the cooling system and it seemed that every joint leaked. I'm assuming the rubber hoses compresses over time and the band clamps need retightening.
The idea of going to the style clamp in my pic is that it'll apply constant pressure.... Hopefully.

My girls Toyota uses those style clamps, that's where I got the idea.

Also, thanks for the heads up on the fuel hose. I had no idea that that was a no-no.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· 2001 Disco 2 SE no ACE 115k miles
71 Posts
I changed this hose today.. I didn't remove compressor or anything.. just wiggled it in as close to home as possible.. I used those clamps and like 2005 RR was saying.. "system pressure"? I don't think they're gonna hold..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.