Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 LR3 SE V6 w/Coils & 2008 LR3 SE V8 on 33’s
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, on my 08 LR3 over the last year we’ve basically replaced everything but the computer and the air lines. I’m recently getting an algorithm fault code about gallery pressure not decreasing fast enough when venting, and it’s gone from an occasional yellow warning and fully functional to now an occasional red warning and dropping while driving... usually on the freeway on longer drives. So annoying! I’m considering replacing all the air lines (thinking that when the old compressor failed they got the desiccant powder all through them) and relocating the front air solenoid valve block so the lines don’t run across the front of the frame under the radiator where the lines and valve block are more vulnerable to a more protected spot. In the process of planning this I may relocate front and rear valves to a box in the old spare tire spot and incorporate manual shut off valves and a port with a air hose attachment for a fail safe back up. I’ve seen similar set ups posted before and like the back up option for long trips.
My real question is this: knowing that the system is highly monitored for pressure/time algorithms... if I’m adding greater hose length and thus greater cubic area of air to fill, will this throw the system off?
Other things to work out... the wiring to the front valve block... any ideas if that harness runs toward the center or rear of the vehicle where I can grab it and not have to loop it back from the front?

While we are at it, what’s the best way to disable the EAS and still maintain special programs in the event the system fails and I go to manual back up out on the trails? Gap tool disable? Pull the relay(s)?

Thank you all for the group think... it takes a village.

·
very disco
2,590 Posts
I’d be careful not to change the length or even composition of the tubing. Longer tubes will hold more air, different material may expand more... it’ll probably work but may take longer and trigger timer errors.

have you checked the EAS exhaust? It could be clogged itself

·
Registered
2005 LR3 SE V6 w/Coils & 2008 LR3 SE V8 on 33’s
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’d be careful not to change the length or even composition of the tubing. Longer tubes will hold more air, different material may expand more... it’ll probably work but may take longer and trigger timer errors.

have you checked the EAS exhaust? It could be clogged itself
Good point on checking the exhaust port. Am I remembering correctly that it’s behind the drivers side tail light assembly?

So tell SYA kit from L8 has extension hoses and splice fittings for all 4 strut towers... I did not get any errors after installing those, and in the case of one rear strut I replaced the whole line with a new solid piece...

I’m thinking I might get timing issue errors on the initial fill or until calibration, but after that, I figure pressure is pressure... I wish we could look into and adjust the triggers and parameters for these faults. Has anyone jailbroken the LR3 software yet?!? Asking for a friend.

My LR indi mechanic keeps wanting me to just go to a manually controlled air set up... not wanting to do that on this rig.

·
very disco
2,590 Posts
Yeah it’s back in that area, but you can just disconnect the line at the pump and allow it to vent to atmosphere there. The only reason for the exhaust is to muffle the sound of the discharge. If it operates normally while disconnected you can then pursue the muffler.

I would surmise you’re correct, after pressure is achieved, pressure is pressure, but refills might cause errors if you add too much extra tube. Maybe not!

I wonder which architecture the computer runs on. I have IDA pro decompiler

1 - 4 of 4 Posts