Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99' Disco II with the Harman Kardon system and was wanting to know if anyone has replaced just the speakers in this system? Is it a worthwhile thing to do or are the Harman Kardon speakers just as good as aftermarket speakers. I want to keep the rest of the system because I don't really want to replace the amp or deal with trying to figure out the wiring of the system.

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
We both have the same system, I think for factory it is pretty good, you might look at some up grades depending on what you like to listen too you might do better but is it worth it, not for me.
Mike J.

· Registered
1,744 Posts
You should be able to fit most aftermarket speakers to replace what you already have, but why would you bother. Discomike is correct when he said that the Harmon Kardon speakers are quite good. If you decide to go for something MUCH better, then you had better replace the whole kit and kaboodle, such as better amp, crossovers, headunit etc, not to mention that your present controls will probably be incompatible with the upgraded system. So if you are into better sound than what you are getting, pull the whole system out and start from zero.

· Registered
386 Posts
i tore out my head unit...got a real nice kenwood...replaced the speakers and kept the factory amp...got a 1000w amp for the 12 inch subwoofer...and it sounds alot better than it did...wasn't too hard either

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.