Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a few days I'll be replacing the rear solenoid valve block on my 2007 LR3 SE. The workshop manual says to replace the Voss connectors on the air lines before re-installing the new block. My question is whether it is required to replace the Voss fitting or can I re-use the fittings currently on the lines? I don't want to get the job half done and find out I cannot re use the old fittings and then be stranded trying to find new connectors. Any thoughts or help with this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update 2007 LR3

So I changed out my rear solenoid valve block today on my 2007 LR3 V6. I found that the new Voss fittings came installed on the new block. The change-out went smooth enough, but my issue isn't repaired. I keep getting a suspension fault-Normal height only alarm come in, and it keeps me from changing the suspension height up or down. Also, after leaving the vehicle sit for a week at the airport while I'm gone away to work, the rear of the vehicle will be sitting on the stops when I get back. Once I start the vehicle, the compressor fires up and pressurizes the rear and it raises to normal height. If I try to change the vehicle height, the suspension fault - normal height only alarm comes in. The vehicles drives and handles fine, even with the alarm in. I'd like to ba able to figure this out.

My BlackBox solutions code reader reads "rear left corner valve - general fault" when the amber alarm comes in on the display screen, just as it did before I changed the valve block. I assumed that a new valve block would fix the issue. Not so. I can clear these faults and try to either raise or lower the suspension and it will try to raise or lower the vehicle, but the rear left will not move on command and initiates a new suspension fault. The other corners move until the suspension fault comes in, then they stop. The real left corner will pressure up to normal driving height without a problem, but when trying to change the height the suspension fault comes in. It will also come in sometimes at normal height while driving, usually after taking a corner. I was able to get the vehicle all the way down (I think) to access height today after multiple fault resets and repetitive lower to access height requests. I could not repeat the process when trying to raise to off road height, the other corners would try briefly but then the fault comes in.

My question now is whether the rear left corner is getting enough air pressure? Perhaps there is a restriction in the air line from the air receiver, or in the line from the solenoid valve to the air spring? desicant from the dryer perhaps? I'm at a loss as to what to do next. What is the required operating pressure at the solenoid valve block? Ive spent quite a bit of money AVOIDING the dealership, only to have the issue not resolved.

Any help anyone can offer would be appreciated.

Craig

·
Registered
55 Posts
If compressor is able to lift the other corners - sounds like that is not the issue - but the fact the rear is going down on one side says you either have a leak in that spring or somewhere (I would have also guessed the valve block but since you replaced it maybe not) ..or the computer is being commanded to release pressure on that side - perhaps bad height sensor or wiring ... Does the wiring look ok at that corner (no worn insulation etc.) ? I think the height sensors are cheap - first Id look for leak from spring , including where the airline goes in there with soapy water - then try replacing height sensor ..and recalibrate ....next step would be to have the dealer plug in their diagnostics unfortunately if that doesn't work ....

When you start the car from normal height after leaving it parked for at least two hours - how long does the comoreasor stay on ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.