Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

Replacing Serpentine Belt

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  totallymann 
#1 ·
How hard is it to remove the belt on a 98' DISCO 1? Then reinstall it. Any little helpful tricks I should know. Oh and how many people am I going to need to move the tensioner to put on the new belt? As always thanks in advance. :dunno:

#2 ·
I have a 99 Disco 2 and my partner and I did mine in about 10 mintes. The 98 shouldn't be any harder. One person could do it but he was over helping me do something else and just gave me a hand. I would say by yourself maybe 20 minutes tops. Just use a longer bar to take the pressure off the tensioner and with your other hand just slip it off one of the pulley's.

#3 ·
totallymann said:
How hard is it to remove the belt on a 98' DISCO 1? Then reinstall it. Any little helpful tricks I should know. Oh and how many people am I going to need to move the tensioner to put on the new belt? As always thanks in advance. :dunno:

It is not too bad. You should just put a breaker bar with a 13 or maybe 15 inch socket on the idler pulley, it will become lose then just pull the belt off. It says to remove the fan but that IS A PAIN IN THE A**. You really do not have to remove the fan. If you do, they make a tool for this at AutoZone.

I added a pic of what I used..You probably could use something else..I think the tool set was about 25$ give or take a few.

#4 ·
This post not endorsed by anyone and is not a paid political advertisment :rolleyes: ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.