Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 01DiscoII is approaching 50k miles and I would like to prep-up for Spark Plug/wire change.

Need to know if I have to replace Distributor Cap/Rotor? Has anybody tried rewiring plugs without removing the inlet manifold?

What is the effecient way to do this job?

Hugo

·
Mod. --- I'm watching you
324 Posts
Well I just did mine about 3 weeks ago... and let me tell you... pain in the hand ;) you won't bleed but you'd better have smaller sized hands. It took my friend and I about an hour to change the plugs and wires. The wire are a complete pain in the neck. You don't have to remove the manifold but it would make it easier to do the job but it will take you about 4 times longer because of the work involved with removing the intake manifold.

I would recommend getting a pair of long handled 45` angled pliers to get the old ones off. Take them off one at a time but make notes at to what number cylinder goes where. That's what I did. It was the only way to get to the bottom part of the coil packs. Anyway take your time to make the note because getting those back on are a PITA and you don't want to have to do it twice ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.