Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone. This is my first post and I have a question.

I need to replace my stock AM/FM CD radio in my 2009 LR2. I've found a used replacement online. I'm wondering if I can just swap it out or does the replacement radio need to be programmed into the car or activated by a shop or dealer?

Any helpful information is appreciated!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, 131 views so far without an answer. Hasn't anyone in this forum replaced the stock radio in their LR2, themselves? I can't imagine that I will be the first... ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spoke with a local Land Rover mechanic and he said that it should be a straight swap with no programming required. Just thought that I would post what I found out in case others have the same question.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I think the 131 views were to see if anyone had an answer. We get very little LR2 traffic on here. Mostly Discovery and RR traffic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update. For those that are having an issue with the AM (or FM) radio not functioning. It may be the antenna booster but, according to the factory, its more likely the radio itself. The radio in the LR2 consists of two parts. The control panel (the part with the knobs and display) and the 6 CD Changer. The control panel is just that. There are no radio components in the control panel. The 6 CD Changer is what houses the radio components. I found a used control panel and 6 CD changer online for about $70 dollars. Even though I got both parts, I only replaced the CD changer and that solved the AM radio problem. Replacement was very easy. It took me about 15 min in total to remove and replace the changer. Hope this helps anyone with a similar problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts