Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
very disco
481 Posts
i have both Foxwell NT510 and nanocom EVO

the foxwell is incredibly affordable and available through amazon (i got mine same-day!)
the nanocom allegedly does more, though i haven't encountered anything thus far that it does and the foxwell doesn't, and the nanocom will run you over $600

frustratingly also, for the D2 you have to buy TWO softwares for the nanocom, one for the engine and another for the other systems.

·
Expert Crate Digger
161 Posts
i have both Foxwell NT510 and nanocom EVO
I have the same to include an Autocom Delphi laptop software and UltraGauge Blue. The UltraGauge Blue OBD dongle with the app can be customized to monitor the Disco 2 (only for a V8) live data on your smartphone/tablet plus read/clear fault codes.
I much prefer the Nanocom out of all of my diagnostic tools for a Land Rover.
Btw... there is a newer Foxwell NT520 and NT530.

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Can I program keys and more importantly at the moment the ecm with the Foxwell NT510? Thanks guys.
Yes you can.... though read the functions guide before you pay for it to not blame it after as being too complicated as others did with more ''smart'' tools

·
very disco
481 Posts
Using the nanocom requires some aptitude, some patience, some adventurousness, and the willingness to press a button and pray.

Mine hasn’t done me wrong yet.

·
Expert Crate Digger
161 Posts
Even after many of my emails to Foxwell Support, I could never get my Foxwell NT510 to reprogram my Disco 2 keys.
The Nanocom did this quickly.

·
very disco
481 Posts
Yeah the Fox well product is amazing value for the price but it’s insufficient for the hardcore DIYer

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you 100% sure the foxwell cam reprogram the ecm? Even though I've never laid eyes on the ecm, the scanner tells me that I've replaced the ecm. It would really suck to buy foxwell and I still can start. Have you done this yourself with the ECM or keys? Thanks so much.

·
very disco
481 Posts
I can have a look at my foxwell... I bought it to pull codes while I was waiting for my nanocom to arrive.

I’ve used my nanocom to write ECU ROMs countless times

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I'd appreciate it. I have too many problems to be buying stuff that won't do what I need. Thanks again.

·
very disco
481 Posts
hmm. played with the foxwell menu, and couldn't figure it out. it definitely has an SD card in it for loading/saving data.

according to the manual "It supports resets, adaptations, and coding of control modules"

my RRS is so far taken apart (and i don't have a gauge cluster currently) so i cannot connect it.

it appears that if you email foxwell with your VIN and what you're trying to do, they'll give you a definite "yes" or "no"

it's a great and handy tool that I keep in my disco for resetting the 3 amigos etc, and i wouldn't be heartbroken if it got stolen... whereas my nanocom would be super sad to lose.

·
Expert Crate Digger
161 Posts
it's a great and handy tool that I keep in my disco for resetting the 3 amigos etc, and i wouldn't be heartbroken if it got stolen... whereas my nanocom would be super sad to lose.
I feel the same way. I'd probably cry if my Nanocom was broken or stolen. lol

@Sam Hacker... what are you exactly trying to do to your ECU/BCU by programming it? Is it to only reprogram a new key fob in the BCU?
Depending what you are trying to achieve, I'd say the Nanocom has more options of programing/testing control unit functions and reprogramming key fob/plip. The Nanocom allows you to WRITE settings, SAVE settings to a flash card so you can LOAD them back if you royally eff something up.

Go ahead and virutually play around with the Nanocom... https://nanoint.nanocom-diagnostics.com/index.html?rand=167

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's my problem: https://www.landroversonly.com/forums/f40/crank-no-start-not-cps-155775/?amp=1

You have responded juke, but I'm still nowhere. Maybe I'll try to disable the door lock and manually try the 1515 reset.

I appreciate all your help.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Here's my problem: https://www.landroversonly.com/forums/f40/crank-no-start-not-cps-155775/?amp=1

You have responded juke, but I'm still nowhere. Maybe I'll try to disable the door lock and manually try the 1515 reset.

I appreciate all your help.
Did you superlock your truck? I'm having difficulty following your request. You asked about reprogramming, which 'hints' that you did superlock and you need to reprogram as a result - hence needing a Nanocom?

Maybe there's a thread that I'm not seeing - which is possible as I'm old and not as good with scavenger hunts as I used to me... :(

When did your problem start, i.e. after you did what? Etc...?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All the info on what the problem is in that link, please don't think I'm being rude, but it's a story. Nothing involving the ecm, other than the code.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I have a Nanocom. How do you reprogram a Key ? What key to buy?

·
Expert Crate Digger
161 Posts
You need the 6 digit code from the fob's circuit board.
Programming Disco 2 key fobs...

An older video but still works the same...

·
Expert Crate Digger
161 Posts
There isn't a budget computer or cables that i know of to do this unless you get a Land Rover TestBook for $3000+
You can always pay an LR stealership or garage to do it for $100+.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts