Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I have a quick question for folks. I have a 2007 Range Rover and my wife left the lights on over night. I was able to charge the battery and got it up and running. But, my key doesn't work and the steering wheel defaults to a low position. Any suggestions, besides going to the dealer, for getting the key to work and resetting the steering wheel?

Thanks for any suggestions

Stewart

·
Registered
283 Posts
I am not sure but i think you need to go to a dealer to reset, i went to a local shop but they couldn't do anything for me either, with resetting anything, good luck, and bring your checkbook because it can get pricey

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can you not synchronize the key fob by yourself?!

See here: http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/f10/l332-programming-key-fob-74727.html

In short:
1) Get in and close all doors. Turn ignition on and off quickly and remove the key (all within about 5 seconds).
2) Within 30 seconds of turning the ignition off, hold down the "unlock" button and press the "lock" button three times. Release the "unlock" button.
3) Quickly put the key back in the ignition and turn it on/off again to finalise.

Also check your owner's manual for relevant information!

If you can do that, I am guessing everything will be resolved... It is extremely weird if you need to go to the dealer for this!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I have a quick question for folks. I have a 2007 Range Rover and my wife left the lights on over night. I was able to charge the battery and got it up and running. But, my key doesn't work and the steering wheel defaults to a low position. Any suggestions, besides going to the dealer, for getting the key to work and resetting the steering wheel?

Thanks for any suggestions

Stewart

1 - 7 of 7 Posts