Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
94 Defender 90
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to do this on a '99 series 2 without visitting the stealer? I have a feeling there isn't, but would disconnecting the battery for a bit do anything? Maybe I'll get lucky and won't need a rovacom to do it!

thanks for any help

edit: I just saw the other post about this, and looks as if they've been able to read the codes! How would I go about doing this? On my RRC you can use that blink sequence thing, handy little tool. Is there something resembling this on the Disco2?

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
well apparently there is no way to reset these light other than at the stealer... i have posted about this many times and so have many other people. PLEASE IF THERE IS ANY WAY TO RESET THE ABS/TC/HD LIGHTS PLEASE LET US ADORING ROVER FANS KNOW!!!! WE BEG YOU.

·
Registered
2 Posts
cellulararrest said:
Is there any way to do this on a '99 series 2 without visitting the stealer? I have a feeling there isn't, but would disconnecting the battery for a bit do anything? Maybe I'll get lucky and won't need a rovacom to do it!

thanks for any help

edit: I just saw the other post about this, and looks as if they've been able to read the codes! How would I go about doing this? On my RRC you can use that blink sequence thing, handy little tool. Is there something resembling this on the Disco2?
I've been researching this problem for a while also. Similar to the other responses that you've received, it appears that a normal OBD II code reader won't clear codes that are being generated by the SLABS unit. You need a product like, Testbook, Rovacom or Autologic to clear it. I've been toying with the idea of purchasing one of the Rovacom products, which is advertized as being better than the LR Dealer's Testbook diagnostic systems. They sell the Rovacom Lite product, which you can buy in modules. I may be wrong, but it looks like the basic hardware and one software module for the SLABS system is around $1200. With the price that LR Dealers charge for service, it would probably pay for its self quickly. Once you have the basic system, you can add modules for roughly $250, but some modules are more or less. Good luck and post anything else that you might find out. Thanks, Jim

·
94 Defender 90
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah a local mechanic was able to read and clear them for me. It read P0722 - Output Speed Sensor Circuit. After he cleared it, they just came right back (along with the lights)

I checked all the wheel speed sensor circuits and they appear to be fine (resistance wise). Thinking about just sending it to the stealer and have them look at it since it should be under warranty. Good luck and certainly post if you find anything out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.