Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been having a bit of a rattle that comes and goes from under the LR3 when I stop (foot on brake) and its on D or R, but not while I drive, or in P or N.
I went to my mechanic and they put it on a lift and they told me it's the Resonator, there is something loose in it. Any one had this issue?
Was thinking of taking it off and putting pipes in its place.
Any thoughts?
Dave

·
Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
Wouldn't be the first vehicle with that problem. The exhaust system of a vehicle is a pretty hostile environment. Over time, baffles and whatever else is inside can break their welds and begin to rattle. Leaving it as is won't hurt anything but is terribly annoying. You could definitely fit pipes for far cheaper than replacing the stock resonator.

Colin

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Colin,
so if I replace the resonator with straight pipes will I get any back pressure or other issues when I am on the highway driving at 65-80?
Dave

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'm not sure what function this performs. I know here, they put the vehicle on a computer annually and analyze the exhaust emissions. Anything that changes that number would risk it no passing wouldn't it? All the various sensors in the exhaust system, I would be curious how they behave, or how the mileage is after such a change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.