Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,
Anybody running retractable front 3-point seatbelts? If so, what's involved in installing them? I need to buy some new belts (pretty quick) and would love to buy retractables but am not sure where to mount the retractor. Any help you can pass along would be much appreciated.

PS. I'm shopping seatbeltpros.com. Seems like a good product at a good price. Anybody used them?

Thanks in advance.

Matt.

·
Registered
843 Posts
LowTech said:
Hi Everybody,
Anybody running retractable front 3-point seatbelts? If so, what's involved in installing them? I need to buy some new belts (pretty quick) and would love to buy retractables but am not sure where to mount the retractor. Any help you can pass along would be much appreciated.

PS. I'm shopping seatbeltpros.com. Seems like a good product at a good price. Anybody used them?

Thanks in advance.

Matt.
How do? What series do you have, cos that'll effect where the inertia reels are placed!

·
Registered
843 Posts
LowTech said:
Ooops... I have a 73 Series III 88.
Soft top or hard top?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Ok here are some pics for you! The diagram is from Exmoor Trim, they sell retor-fit 3 point seat belts for Land Rovers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmmm.... Interesting.... Never thought about mounting it to the bulkhead. I have a hardtop. Is that the preferred method for me too? I'll try and dial up Exmoor's website to get an answer too. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Installed them this weekend

Installation was a piece of cake! I bolted the L bracket for the reel into the factory-threaded hole on top of the bulkhead. That was a nice find -- and the belt bolts were the perfect size. I ended up buying three point belts with chrome lift levers instead of buttons. They cost a bit more, but man are they cool looking.

Thanks for your help,

Matt.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have been fabricating this today. Same idea as the other pictures but only cost £11.00. It still needs painting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts