Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
G4 Mike
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost a game of reverse chicken in a Walgreens parking lot last night with an older gentleman in a Chevy pickup. So his receiver hitch beat my plastic bumper.
Oh well, good excuse to get a steel rear bumper. My 2004 Disco has backup sensors, has anyone installed a steel bumper and drilled it to install the sensors? Also will they still work surrounded by steel? :(

·
very disco
940 Posts
I would strike an old man in the jaw, no remorse... though I revere the G4D2 as THE Land Rover, making him a blasphemer.

I knew a guy who had the PDC on a steel bumper. He got the bumper predrilled for the sensors as opposed to drilling himself, but the moral of the story is the PDC wasn’t any more glitchy on the steel bumper than it was on the plastic.
Lucky8 has the steel bumper for like $400 shipped, I’ve been thinking about it as well.

·
G4 Mike
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It did cross my mine to tell him there was no way he looked before he backed up but he was about the same age as my dad and it just didn't feel like that was a good move. Didn't want the karma hit.

I had an email conversation with Lucky 8 and they said people have had success drilling and placing sensors in the steel bumper and you are right $458 and free shipping on the steel Britpart bumper. Best deal I could find. I just had to have a crown replaced for ironically that amount. I would rather have the bumper. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
$458 and free shipping on the steel Britpart bumper. Best deal I could find.
Isn't it cheaper to import it yourself directly from UK cos AFAIK the max shipping cost would be around 100USD https://www.lrdirect.com/DA5646-Hd-Rear-Bumper/ though i dont know what other fees you'll pay but i'm sure that a shop which imports it to USA adds at least 30% to the price for theyr profit

·
very disco
940 Posts
Shipping cost would likely exceed $100, especially considering duty tax/tariff. It’s true one may save $50 or so buying “direct” but will have much more hassle and wait much longer for the product.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts