Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Stupid > Ignorant
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am looking for reverse power wire in the front. Where would I find it and what color?

I am wiring up a double DIN setup along with reverse camera. Camera takes 300-500mA so I am not worried about additional load.

I have been digging the FSM but boy electrical manual is something else.

TIA

·
The Old Guy
43 Posts
The wire you are looking for is under the steering wheel around the fuse box. If I am not mistaken it is yellow/brown. I installed an Pioneer AVH4000NEX in mine and searched wiring diagrams, found the color and actually stumbled upon it by accident. My rear view camera is powered on by ignition key, via the rear power port behind the back seat, then ran behind the plastic and out the back where the tail light is. This way, I can turn on camera view while driving to check out trailer while towing, and of course the reverse camera automatically comes on in reverse. If you need any help with harnesses etcetera, I can dig up the numbers of what I used. The pioneer has dual view, so I hooked up the rear audio output directly to the rear headphone jacks, and installed headrest monitors for the video. I kept all the OEM wiring intact and did not cut into any of the wiring. Mine has the High Line system in it and it utilizes the OEM amp and speakers. The only change I made was to replace the two 6 1/2 inch so called subs in the rear hatch door, because they were shot. I also added an amp and 10" Pioneer sub for some real bass. I removed the existing 6 cd changer and that is where i installed the sub amp. The pioneer utilizes an SDcard(which I format a 256gb to fat32 and filled with mp4 ripped dvd videos for the kids in the back seat. It has 2 usb inputs, 1 for my iPhone for CarPlay and the other I have a 480GB Intel SSD full of music and more videos. I also added a digital TV Tuner and Pioneer AVIC-U260 navigation add-on. Steering wheel controls and all work like stock.

Vehicle Car Head restraint Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car

Vehicle Car Electronics Multimedia Technology

Text Font Whiteboard Rectangle

Electronics Technology Vehicle Car Electronic device

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.