Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the Cats and resonator and added fake cats and a flowmaster supper 44 muffler ....

The engine is over revving into the 4000 and 5000 RPM range .... obviously dumping tons of fuel into the system...

I am starting to get a little worried because the car is running extremely rich. I am wondering where all this extra gas is going and if its going to turn into napalm and explode *yes I'm serious.

Is the solution to this replacing the TCM unit? How do I get it to stop doing this?

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
The best would be to more gentle with the throttle :wink

·
Expert Crate Digger
211 Posts
Dude you worry too much.

Getting any trouble codes?
Check all your O2 sensor connectors are secured and plugged in.

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dude you worry too much.

Getting any trouble codes?
Check all your O2 sensor connectors are secured and plugged in.
Yes I'm getting a left rear 02 sensor code. But pretty sure it has nothing to do with the high revs.

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The best would be to more gentle with the throttle :wink
When it's pressed down to accelerate (such as getting on the highway) the revs go to 4000-5000 RPM ...

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
You sound as if this is something new. If so, what did it do before when you showered down on the pedal? I will try mine today. Never pay much attention to the tach.

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You sound as if this is something new. If so, what did it do before when you showered down on the pedal? I will try mine today. Never pay much attention to the tach.

The revs jumping to 4-5 when they should be jumping to 3 is new to me. At first it was more responsive but more controlled. Now the revs just shoot up into 4-5. It's dumping fuel and who knows what else.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2000 D2, Magnaflow cats and exhaust, 200k miles and has always revved to about 4800-5000 during full throttle acceleration, even with stock exhaust. I’ve driven two other D2s that did the same thing...
I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tried the LR last night. Never got above 3000 rpm on the tach when going for a pretty fast get-off. It is a stock '99 DII.
Did you remove the cats ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts