Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
yieldsign2 said:
Anyone from RI or eastern CT? Or, does anyone know where any good off roading spots are? Haven't found any clubs in RI at all. :dunno:
RI is a very small state (as you know). Check out Pain Hil in NE CT or just drive up to MA.

How far are you from Middletown, CT? Used to be a nice trail out there (Aircraft Rd) but I don't know what the status of the trail is.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I know Mercedes Jim is in CT, but the NW corner. Terry S is around Hartford, no?

Bogatyr

·
Registered
641 Posts
Last summer my buddies and I did some pretty nice trails in Leverett Mass which is north of Amherst. We got permission from the local PD to drive up the power line roads there which are some of the best off road trails in the area. Only problem was my CB antenna was picking up juice from the high voltage lines overhead and any exposed piece of steel on the car gave me a jolt whenever I touched it. I can only imagine what it did to my ECU's. Also lots of logging roads with spots to camp. There are several really gnarly trails within a stones throw of my house in Bloomfield Ct. My little crew of rover guys in the area (Hartford-Springfield) would love to wheel with ya someday. I used to drive my 93 LWB through RI 3-5 times a week. Didnt see much in the way of trails though. Attatched is a pc of a trail in Northern VT.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool , let me know if you guys go for a drive anywhere in CT or Mass, I could go for a ride up and meet you guys.

There is actually a fair amount of stuff believe it or not, in RI, I just don't think much of it is "legal".

I'm not sure how legal the management area a mile or two from my house is, but it goes out for miles and miles which is mostly just dirt roads, but its fun to explore. It also crosses both pipe lines and pole lines a few times where you can jump on and go a good long ways... Alot of times I find myself at a dead end where I'm afraid to go through alone.. it's a long walk home, and when I would come back the truck would probably be stolen!

Also, I've found a lot by arial maps online like at microsoft terraserver looking for pole lines. I know it's probably illegal but especially in my town (very rural, very few poeple) i don't k now how much trouble I would get in. I did end up behind the power plant for northern RI the other day.. which I think I could probably get in trouble for! I hear they are pretty strict due to the possibility of terrorism or other attacks.

So like I said, let me know if you guys want to plan something, maybe someone would be interested during the next month or so? Only mentioning a time because my 944 should be fixed in a month or so and I will probably take the range off insurance until winter, but it wouldn't take much to put it back on for a couple days.

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
HI guys .

I'm from CT . I would like to go off-roading , but I need someone to show me how to do it the write way . So I will not damage the truck.

·
Mod. --- I'm watching you
324 Posts
I live just over the RI line in Uxbridge, MA. I haven't had the disco that long though... plus taking my wifes new to us truck wheeling would mean/could be the end of me so I haven't done it... YET ;) but I will :buttrock:

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Just keep driving South-East.....it might get a little wet, but don't let that slow you down, just keep driving. :drive: :D

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
darkknight1999 said:
I live just over the RI line in Uxbridge, MA. I haven't had the disco that long though... plus taking my wifes new to us truck wheeling would mean/could be the end of me so I haven't done it... YET ;) but I will :buttrock:
If you ever want to do some off roading, theres some stuff near you that I do sometimes that is pretty simple and not very dangerous... Good beginner stuff.

If you ever want to give it a try let me know, just send me a PM .
:drive:

·
Mod. --- I'm watching you
324 Posts
I might have to take you up on that when my wife goes away for the weekend with her friends ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.