Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get rivnuts or nutserts so I can install taillight brush guards? I purchased an installation kit from RoverConnection, but it didn't include the rivnuts (only the screws) and the folks at RoverConnection can't seem to get any from Land Rover. The nuts aren't readily available at the German home improvement stores and the dealership only sells the entire assembly. The only piece I need is the rivnut for each guard. Any recommendations on how to mount without that particular piece?

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I've got plenty of Nutserts, in many SAE sizes, and would be happy to mail you some, but nutserts are installed using a special tool to crimp the outside edge when compressed. I guess you could use a grade 8 screw, through a thick piece of steel which will act as the anvil, to pull the inner pportion of the nutsert out, but you won't get the crimped outside edge, which prevents the nutsert from turning when you tighten a screw into it. Nonetheless, if you want some, let me know.

·
2,986 Posts
are Nutserts the same as Jacknuts? The ladder from NWP ships with them, and their instructions just say hold the edge with a pair of pliers... .unfortunately i broke one while doing this.. had to wait 2 weeks to get another one from them, and haven't gotten a chance to finish the job. It's a bitch to try to hold it with a plier.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TerryS,

The existing hole is 1/2 inch wide so. Do you have a sizes to fit? The size of the screw in the kit is M6 X 16mm but I'll gladly convert to SAE. I believe the hobby shop here has the crimping tool to install the piece. My shipping address is:
JA Beierly
CMR 423 Box 169
APO AE 09107

I appreciate the help and I'll return the favor. I'll check JC Whitney too although I didn't see them the other day, probably was searching for something different.

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
ok, did some checking with the parts guy. No go for us. We did have a special setup from a supplier but they were specifically designed for a certain type of rivnut gun.

Anyway the one you have could be different then the ones I get from say Napa or you get from JCwhitney.

Do yourself a favor contact someone in supplie company or in the motorpool about getting some rivnuts that fit those type of guns.

You might have to pull some favors.

Also, the least I can get is a small box of them.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll check with some of the military in the area who are builders and maybe they have something that will work. I didn't think it would be this difficult to get a couple of parts. Thank for the help.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
oberdahill said:
TerryS,

The existing hole is 1/2 inch wide so. Do you have a sizes to fit? The size of the screw in the kit is M6 X 16mm but I'll gladly convert to SAE. I believe the hobby shop here has the crimping tool to install the piece. My shipping address is:
JA Beierly
CMR 423 Box 169
APO AE 09107

I appreciate the help and I'll return the favor. I'll check JC Whitney too although I didn't see them the other day, probably was searching for something different.
Joe, Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but this thread got buried, and I missed it. I have plenty of Nutserts, 1/2" OD, they are for 1/4"x20 bolts. How many do you need? I can get them off to you in the next day or so.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TerryS,

If you could send a half dozen or so, that'll keep some in reserve if I find someone in Germany that needs them. That would be super and I can get these light guards mounted.

RoverConnection is not much help on this one. Installation parts kit purchased through them and it came without the nutserts. It's been well over a month with no answers. Not to happy with the customer service and lack of communication. They sure took my money fast enough though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.