Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any idea how much a rockware front bumper for a DII will cost me? right now i am looking at a voyager bumper from red-rhino but my options are still open. I just cannot seem to find a price on the rockware bumper...i love the look of them though!!!

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
http://www.rockware.net/ look here first..If you have more questions I will go talk to Matt...the guy who has the D-90 on the pic...He is a great guy..I'm sure he will answer any questions you have!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
if the rockware bumper doesn't work out, i can highly recommend the voyager bumper. it's made by a shop near me called northwest parts. mine was $499; no shipping costs for me. i bought it unfinished and sprayed it with bedliner and non-skid paint. came out great, IMHO. there were a couple of spots where it could have been finished nicer but nothing that will compromise the strength of the bumper. for the money, nothing's better and i can't justify spending more anyway. hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes that helps a lot!!! thats what attracted me to voyger bumper...their price rocks!!! and i think the look freslly nice as well. although i live in georgia and the shipping costs will be outragious i am sure, but it will still be 200 or 300 less than an ARB and probably equally tough!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
well, actually, you may be in luck. last time i was in portland picking up my bumper, the folks at northwest parts said they would be moving to the east coast. they weren't really sure where but they were thinking about georgia, no joke! there were a few other places but many were either in the southeast or along the southeastern seaboard. you might be in luck...

as for the bumper, i haven't mounted a winch on it but the whole thing looks nicely made. i've bumped into a couple of things with it and it isn't any worse for wear.

andy

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is it me or is the voyager winch fairlead off-center on the bumper? do you know why it is like this?

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
its probably because many winches are off center....take a look at this;

if the winch was mounted in the middle....then the fairlead would be off center.

Im sure he asked them to make it off center....the pic is under custom work. The winch above (warn 9.5xp) may actually be the one he is using.

hmm....now that I look at this exact picture...it doesnt look like its off center at all.....but if it is, its only by a little. Is this the vehicle/picture you were refering to?

·
Registered
32 Posts
drum-

the NWP bumpers do have their fairlead holes offcenter for the exact reason keptin mentioned above. they claim that any winch under 12k pounds will fit. i guess that's one of the ways they feel they can make that claim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.