Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

After months of work and lots of $$$, my husband has completely restored his Series II. But the job won't be complete in my eyes until a roll cage and seatbelts have been installed.

He is very particular that everything in the Land Rover is of the utmost quality and authenticity. What is the best way to retrofit these safety features to a Series II?

In advance, I appreciate any advice! Thanks!

Sincerely,
Kelsy :rellye

· Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
The Britsh Army had very good rollcages on their Series 3's in the 1970's. I remember seeng them in Rhodesia during the 1979 elections.

Perhaps one of the Brits on this forum could find pictures/plans for these rollcages.
I would be very intrested to get my hands in plans for these as I also want to put a cage on mine.

· Registered
317 Posts
Kelsey,
Safety Devices makes a roll cage that you can put into a series truck. I've got one and it's nice and beefey...haven't had the chance to install it yet though. :mad: The other nice thing about this bar is that you should be able to weld a bracket up to it in order for you to put in three point seat belts...imagine that...

Bogatyr

· Registered
1 Posts
Roll Cage.

Try And Get Hold Of An Old Land Rover Year Book, Maybe On The Net.
This Shows You How To Make A Roll Bar.
Benefits Are That It Bolts Onto Chassis With Hard Wood Blocks And Plates, Thus Avoiding Weakening The Chassis Where You Want It Strongest.

Two Lengths Of Steam Tubing (45mm Internal Diameter) And Hire A Pipe Bender For The Weekend And Its Done. All Instructions Where In The Book. Total Cost About £100.00.

Good Welding( If In Doubt Of Your Own Skills Get A Pro To Weld It.)

Bomberos

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.