Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I perform offroad recovery here in east NC. Recently recovered a 2003 landrover discovery that rolled over on it's roof. The owner had no insurance when he/she rolled it. I discovered it 3/4 of a mile back in this little spot everyone goes mudding at.

long story short, I recovered it per the instruction of the Greenville police dept. I have a 1400$ tow bill on it. The bill exceeds what the finance company wants to pay, so I'm filling for a mechanic's lein.

Once I take possession, i'll be selling as is.

Trying to gauge interest, if anyone is interested i'll be happy to post pics.

It was on it's roof for approximately 30 days and is heavily vandalized (all glass broken, gauge cluster damaged, key broke off in ignition, etc.) however, all of the running gear is there (engine, trans, transfer case, solid axles front and rear, wheels, tires, etc.)

I've been in the offroad scene for many years now and would like to see someone buy it for spare parts, I could send it to the crusher, but that doesn't seem fair to all of the enthusiests out there.

anyone interested?

·
Super Moderator
2,161 Posts
Not sure what the market may be like in your area but I have purchased 2 solid, complete un damaged un vandalized discoveries and although they're in need of some minor t.l.c. I paid 900 for a 2000 and 980 for a 2001.
You may be hard pressed to get out of what is owed to you but good luck.
You will need it in my opinion ..... Sorry

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow...that's disappointing...well, i'm open to offers.

If I can't get 1400 for it...oh well. The only overhead I've got in it is about a 1/4 tank of gas so i'll let it go super cheap. I can sell it to a salvage yard for a couple hundred bucks, so anything over that is ok with me.

What I have now is vehicle I can't do anything with...and one nobody wants to pay for.

It just pains me to see anything with a solid front axle go in the crusher

·
Super Moderator
2,161 Posts
I would suggest that if you have the space to do so to place an add on This site or something like Craig's list. Part it out.
Little bits and pieces add up. Be fair with your pricing and help enthusiasts like myself out with the hard to find parts and gradually make more of your money back
Selling it piece by piece is how the wrecking yards make their money. A window regulator here and a trim panel there will add up. And help us guys out
Aftermarket stuff like steel bumpers and the like sell really well too if it happens to be equipped
Anyway sounds like you have little to loose
That's my 2 cents
Greetings from Canada EH!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts