Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after having the RR for a few months I finally got my garage cleaned out enuff to get the rover in the with two other cars. The question is do any of you guys have experience with the kind of rolling jacks that cradle the tire and raise it off the ground so you can roll the car any direction you want?

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
I have used them...Make sure your garage is level....you will quickly find out if it's not..trust me

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I have those for my MG- Got 'em from Harbor Freight for $70 for the set of four. They rock!

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmmmmmm... I know it isn't level, I have a good 4" of pitch out to the door. I'm thinking about chocking the front tires of the vette and slipping these under the rears to swing the ass of the car over to where i want it. Opinions? Also where did you get yours? I was looking at the set in Griots Garage.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Harbor freight here..LOL......no reason to pay more

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys.......Thanks for the advice. The car dollies I saw at Harbor Freight did not lift the tire off the ground but it was a cradle for the tire after you jacked up the car and sat the tire in the cradle.
Is this what you guys use?
The Griots jacks actually slip around the tire on the ground and ratchet the tire up so you can move the car and then drop it where you want it.
http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_3000&L2=L2_3030&SKU=77730

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I didn't know you wanted one with a built-in jack too. I just jack up the car with a floor jack and drop it on the dollies and leave it on the dollies.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah.....well........in all future post replies please just assume that I'm the laziest F'er you ever met......lol.:lol: :lol:
Jacking the vette is a pain in the ass cuz you have to jack each corner, you can't jack under the rear diff and you can't even fit most jacks under the front.
Did you check out the Griots item??? I think it is pretty slick, looks like it is a quick and simple way fix my issue..........well this issue anyway.:lol:

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
My friend has those rolling jacks for his Camaro, and we literally moved the car with our pinkies! Easy things they are.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found these.........I ordered 2, I'll let you guys know how well they work asap
http://www.gojaks.com
they look perfect for me "Quick and Easy"

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
as long as your floor is flat without problems and seems your good.

If not it will royally suck. and you might not be able to get the vette out of your garage.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmmmm...I guess we'll see. The floor has a pitch to it, but it is nice and smooth.
I PLAN on chocking the front tires and slipping the gojaks under the rears of the vette to swing her big J-Lo butt over a few feet where I need it.
If I start asking for scratch removal techniques......you know something went wrong.....lol

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
good thought. thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.