Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Mod. --- I'm watching you
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'll be getting a few sets of lights to go on the roof rack (4 front and 2 back) and I would like to see some pictures of different sets of lights along with why you choose them, be it money or be it light beam, whatever your reason for getting the lights you choose.

I'm looking at the Hella Rallye 3000 series or the 500 series for the front facing. Just the 3000 series just sound HUGH. So I was looking at the 500 series due to the size. I have some trails to run at night in the Badlands, SD. and I want light to drive down the trail. Will (4) 500's front facing and (2) 550 series rear facing do the trick?

:drink1:

· Registered
135 Posts
Badlands?, are you sure that you do not live in New South Wales, the premier Bob ( I'll tax that as well) Carr has done his exceptional best to turn NSW in the badlands

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
darkknight1999 said:
I'm looking at the Hella Rallye 3000 series or the 500 series for the front facing. Just the 3000 series just sound HUGH. So I was looking at the 500 series due to the size.
I have 4 3000's on my rack facing front. They are really not that big relative to roof rack. If you have the SD rack they fit pretty well in there & provide a ton of light. I end up coming down the mtn as dusk is setting in & these turn night into day.

4,346 Posts
Mr. Smith!...welcome back, I know you've posted a couple days ago but I wasnt able to respond, but I'm doing so now. :wave: :drink1:

Lightforce eh?, The focusing capabilities does sound interesting.

Serg, I think Gordon has yet Another Calendar-Worthy picture there.

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
01001010 said:
Serg, I think Gordon has yet Another Calendar-Worthy picture there.
Yes nice pic.. however I want the calendar to be made up solely of members vehicles. I think that will make it a bit more special!

Serg

4,346 Posts
AH yes!!..Good point, and a very nice touch!

So sticking to the subject, whenever I do get my roof rack, I'll be installing the Hella 4000s. Sprcifically, the outer ones will be Eurobeams, and the 2 center will be pencil beams. Still undecided on what to put on the brushbar

· Registered
492 Posts
Thanks for the welcome JC

Serg I will send you some of my Disco and 90 a some point in the next month, you make your choice.

Having a week back in Dubai at this point some visas being re-newed, next stop Tehran :cool: and then back into the Magic Kingdom (Saudi)

Tonight however is ME4x4 Golden Spade Awards, will be posting some pics on my site probably after Friday :beer: :drink1:

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
Gordon,

Post the link to your site so we can see your pics.. you have some great ones on there already!

Serg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.