Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to install a flip-down DVD screen to the roof of my HSE.
Has anyone any experience of this and could you recommend a suitable make, size and type (screen only or screen and integrated player).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Roof mounted DVD Player

Hi John. Just had my local LR dealer fit a roof mounted DVD player to my 2004 Disco. Charged time was 1.5 hours, but from the instructions to fit, I thought the time was an underestimate and good value! It is a monster job. Finished job looks great, but at between £1500 to £2500 from the dealer the LR DVD is an expensive way of entertaining passengers! However, I bought mine from ebay (brand new and boxed) for £540. Worth looking out for - the last one went for £360. Only other option is the headrest ones, but you still have the cost and problem of location for the DVD player itself - not cheap. Good luck MikeD

·
Registered
3 Posts
roof mounted DVD

Did they have to remove you center roof vent to fit the player? I have an 2004 SE7 and that is what all the installer are telling me they would have to do. I would like to see some pictures if you have any.

·
Registered
590 Posts
My Disco only has one sun roof, and the dealer said that it was aftermarket. So my flip down is right behind that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi.

You may also want to visit the Landrover owner information site at "www.landrovertechinfo.com/extfree2viewlrprod/index.jsp". A while ago I downloaded a PDF document that takes you step by step through the installation process for a roofmounted DVD.

Mistervan :wave:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
John said:
I would like to install a flip-down DVD screen to the roof of my HSE.
Has anyone any experience of this and could you recommend a suitable make, size and type (screen only or screen and integrated player).
Why don't you get a unit that comes out of the dash. It's much more practical insofaras, you can easily watch the news etc when you are caught in traffic, as you eyes are basically parallel to the road. You can't do this with overhead screens.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jeez Disco that thread was posted over a year ago.
I managed to buy an LR original completed with LR headphones and LR remote controller. It was unused and still boxed for about $800.
It came with comprehensive installation instructions and took about 90 minutes to install. Its hooked up to the Harman Karman system and can be played over the main speakers, via phone sockets in the drop-down unit, or via the headphone sockets used by seats 6 & 7.
Best thing ever for keeping the kids amused. If they use the rear headphone sockets I can listen to my stuff up front in peace.
Now what I just need is something to shut the wife up when we are on the move. :beer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts