Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever been able to eliminate, or lessen, the wind noise on a roof rack on the Disco II? I know it has the aerodynamics of a brick but you see...my wife loves her Rover but we NEED the extra cargo capacity to go on long trips with the four children. I got a genuine Land Rover rack for $100 years ago but it "made too much noise" and so I sold it. I KICK MYSELF EVERY TIME WE NEED MORE SPACE! I will be attempting to build our roof rack from scratch and can make it as low profile as possible and can incorporate custom dimensions if anyone has ideas.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Chances are you might eliminate a small % of the noise with an air deflector but it will cost you in additional worse gas milage.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see the the wind deflector on other racks but didn't know if there was something different. My idea was to actually bring it down to the windshield but there has to be a reason why it isn't done.

Maybe I could buy a big wing, turn it upside down for lift and increase MPGs by making it lighter!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.