Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
very disco
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all.. is there any alternative to rotopax branded mounting hardware?

i see that there are numerous off-brand canisters and cans which are compatible with the rotopax mount, but there are any off-brand or knock-off rotopax mounts? at $30/piece, that's too rich for my blood.

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
I have 5 stackable Rotopax with mounting hardware. Water and Gas.

The young men that started the company have a superior high quality patent product made in the USA. I do not think they would want people selling knock offs.

You know they look wicked cool and you want them. But you cannot afford to pay for it. So you want to buy a knock off.

Hmpf.

·
very disco
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i do not care how they look. you cannot even see them on my roof.

i don't see the value in $30 per fastener plus base mounts, when they already cannot slide out of my voyager rack and i can easily secure them with straps that i already own. my straps are somewhat tedious i'll admit, but i'm not so cool that i'm going to shell out nearly $200 to fasten them a different way.

your response to my inquiry is pointless and judgmental, so thanks for that.

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
i do not care how they look. you cannot even seem them on my roof.

i don't see the value in $30 per fastener plus base mounts, when they already cannot slide out of my voyager rack and i can easily secure them with straps that i already own. my straps are somewhat tedious i'll admit, but i'm not so cool that i'm going to shell out nearly $200 to fasten them a different way.

your response to my inquiry is pointless and judgmental, so thanks for that.
The value is the fact the mounts lock together with the rotopax and you can stack them. You can also stack them off a D2 ladder.

You don't care how they look but your looking for Rotopax knock offs ... yes that makes perfect sense

·
very disco
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
troll much?

i want something quick and easy as opposed to my straps fed through my cans. mounted on my roof, you cannot see if they're rotopax, gold plated, or knock-off.

so yes, it makes perfect sense that i don't give two s**ts about how they look, or which young entrepreneurial american men can't afford to send their kids to college on what i paid for cans alone.

if anybody ever reads this thread for the purpose of the subject matter, there are inexpensive knock-offs available from aliexpress or alibaba, i can't remember which one... but they're all plastic so it's a hard pass

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
troll much?

if anybody ever reads this thread for the purpose of the subject matter, there are inexpensive knock-offs available from aliexpress or alibaba, i can't remember which one... but they're all plastic so it's a hard pass

They are cheap knock offs cheap copy cats not of the same quality. The Rotopax plastic is the highest quality food grade (for water) and fuel grade and is a much harder plastic. Rotopax could easily cut costs by importing from China. They don't for quality control reasons.

Perhaps Wal-Mart would be a good place to start looking for your new mounts and containers.

·
very disco
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As it turns out, Walmart sells Rotopax, so... you’re dumb. You should spend less time starting holier-than-thou arguments with internet strangers and more time not being a douchebag.

That’s enough on the topic I think.

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
As it turns out, Walmart sells Rotopax, so... you’re dumb. You should spend less time starting holier-than-thou arguments with internet strangers and more time not being a douchebag.

That’s enough on the topic I think.
lol Wal-Mart does not sell Rotopax dude ...

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
Ok so Rotopax sold out. Got it.

·
very disco
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
https://rotopax.com/blems/

33% off of rotopax mounts and around 20% off of rotopax cans, factory blemished inventory, available from rotopax direct.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts