Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 D2 with 104k.
The trans failed a couple years ago, and goimg through a big D I let it sit up. This past Nov, I found the time to swap a 4.6/trans/tcase from a donor 04 with 44k into the 01. After driving it for about 70-80 miles over a couple days (in which it ran well) I parked to eat one day. Came back out and cranked it to find it sputtering and missing on half the cyls. I assumed it was a vac leak and went over every square inch. No dice. Smoke tested it. Nothing except a header leak. I replaced the plugs and wires, resealed the intake, and other homebrew ideas.,Its been sitting since, as I was very pissed. It was throwimg miss codes on 4-5 of the cyls and jumping from cyl to cyl.
I finally had the nerve to touch it again and its doing it still (of course).
I am getting
Just from a couple mins of running. Would anyone have any ideas, or do I let my friend shootIt up with his .50bmg?:complain:

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
The 340 code is for a failing crank sensor, 1590 is for your 3 amigos and the rest are misfires.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crank sensor is 340? I for some reason thought that was a cam sensor. Thanks for the clarification on that sir. I would assume that is probably my root problem correct? Would you go with new or used from Will?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Sorry, end of the week mistake on my part, yes it is the cam sensor which can cause real irratic running but no starting or stalling issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts