Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried to avoid posting this as I've been searching to see if I could figure it out first. My '02 developed a slight shudder or miss two days ago. It was not too noticeable to anyone but me, but as I drive the thing everyday I've come to know how It rides etc. There was no performance issue that I noticed. No issues accelerating or climbing hills etc. Today I started it up and it idled like it had a race cam in it then it evened out. It ran fine until I got home and backed into the driveway and it started sputtering. I checked for any coolant in the oil, nothing. The TB was not out of the ordinary and the IAC was ok. I haven't noticed any unusual oil consumption or fuel consumption recently. The wires look good, no arching that I can see and the plug weren't bad either. I am confused as the CEL is not on and it isn't showing any codes when scanned.
Anyone have anything similar?

· Registered
31 Posts
Sounds like my Disco when I first got it. Mine showed cyl 6 and 8 misfire. Then I ran a bottle of Seafoam through the tank and now the misfire won't recode. But I swear I feel it missing at warm idle occasionally. All wires are magnacores but the plugs haven't been changed in 80k! So I have the E3 Discomike recommends I just have to put them in.

So, I'm watching for your outcome.

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I started cheap, replacing the plugs. It cleared up for a few days but it's starting to shudder again. Unfortunately it looks like it's time to replace the coils. Meaning tearing the intake off and replacing the gasket I just put on two months ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.