Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can put some light on the problem i have been having.

I have a 2002 Discovery 2. For the past two weeks i have been trying to find out what is wrong with my rover. I started it one morning and it idle rough then it would die, I would start it again and same thing. Sometimes it tries to turn over be seems like it is not getting enough fuel. I replaced the fuel pump with one i had that i knew worked. No change. I then figured it might be o2 sensors so i replaced those. No change. I found other people who posted similar problems and they said replace crank sensor, so i did. Changed spark plugs (wires are 2 years old 8mm) No change. I have been checking codes this is what i have got over the two weeks,

P0103 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit High Input
P1884 CAN message WFPDK (DKI) invalid (FFh).
P0101 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Range/Performance

Today i turned it over and gave it some throttle it ran rough for awhile then calmed down a bit so i took it for a 10km drive, it would not shift into 4th. I pushed the mode button and the S light came on but no change. Went to turn around and it died, Got it back home and I took the key out but it was stilling running till it stalled and died. Took codes again,

P0102 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input
P0500 Vehicle Speed Sensor A
P1884 CAN message WFPDK (DKI) invalid (FFh)

I have have been checking fuses, relays, wires and everything else i can to see if something is pinched or damaged everything looks fine. I was told not clean the MAF, but i don't want to buy one unless i know that is the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
CMR

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
According to the fault codes and symptoms IMO the MAF is the problem without much doubt, that ... read live air flow inputs if you have tester and you'll see, normal readings are very close to: idle 20 Kg/hr; 2500 rpm 60 Kg/hr and itb has to grow together with rpms.... bad MAF will trigger a CAN message too as the autobox ECU is expecting the air flow input as well, bite the bullet and get a new one to be 100% ruled out cos even if it's an intake air leak you can't chase that without knowing the MAF is good, the MAF will fail at least once in a V8's life so if it's not that at least you have a spare.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts