Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 Disco II is idling rough when it is warmed up and I am sitting at a light or stop sign. If I switch it into park, it will stop and idle just as smooth as it should. The RPM's do not drop and it never actually stalls, but it isn't right. The service engine light just came on and it is a code for the gas cap not being screwed on properly...so they say.

I am thinking plugs and wires? I have 104,000 miles on it and do not know if/when they have been changed as I bought it with 84,000 miles on it.

If I get new plugs and wire can someone please let me know what to get!

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
We need the actual fault code numbers not someones idea of what it is. A gas cap will not cause a rough idle so there is something else wrong. When was it last tuned along with new 8 mm silicone wires, what octane gas are you burning?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike,

I will send you the actual code after I get it today.

As far as the wires, no idea when they were last changed, that is why I think it may be time. Can wires and plugs cause my symptoms?

Melissa

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike,

Forget to answer your fuel question. I always get premium fuel as that is what the bright, yellow sticker on the gas flap says and I am scared to put anything else in it.

Will send you code later...

Melissa

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Wires and plugs can cause what you are describing and so can a number of other things.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
That is a gross evap leak which will not cause what you are describing.
What color are your plug wires?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
They are junk and will cause a rough running engine because they are leaking voltage.
If you want me to walk you thru what needs to be done, PM me your number and I'll call you tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts